B&W Photo Challenge – An Unexpected Giant

Up close with an old giant!

Seeing an elephant up close was never part of my bucket list or any other kind of list one can maintain up for personal achievements.

IMG_20170723_155915501

So, when I found myself standing less than 10 feet away from this old fella at Karachi’s Safari Park, I realized that I should’ve included it up in my list of things “I never expected to see but they appear right in front of me”.

And FYI, I’m still not maintaining that list properly, because of reasons you can guess 😀

This is my entry for Cee Neuner’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Any Animal (no birds)

CB&W

Added for RDP Tuesday – Elephant

8 thoughts on “B&W Photo Challenge – An Unexpected Giant

1. Mason Bushell August 24, 2021 / 8:59 PM

I got the honour of being hugged by an elephants trunk at the zoo. Such awe-inspiring creatures. I so wish people would stop killing them for ivory. We don’t need it, we have warehouses full doing nothing. Why not release and use that.

• Hammad Rais August 24, 2021 / 10:49 PM

I totally agree with you, Mason. Such a gentle living being elephants are and they are as important of Earth’s eco-system as we are.
      This old fella picked bananas from the hands of children and it was such a nice sight.

• Mason Bushell August 24, 2021 / 10:58 PM

For sure. Africa and India must do more to save them from rotten poachers.
      That must have been amazing. I was sat having lunch in the zoo when the elephant came from her enclosure for a little walk. She came up behind and just trunk hugged me. Must have felt my low energy I guess.

• Hammad Rais August 24, 2021 / 11:06 PM

A trunk hug from an elephant!
      Wow, now this is really something that don’t happen everyday 🙂

• Hammad Rais June 26, 2018 / 10:03 AM

This fella made me feel so small, to be honest 🙂

• Hammad Rais June 26, 2018 / 10:04 AM

Indeed they are and seeing them up close is a wonderful experience 🙂