Vote For Pakistan, Turn The Tide

And so, a nation’s fate is hanging in a balance. Once again that is!

Image result for election pakistan
image courtesy of tribune.com.pk

By the time you’ve finished reading this post, vote counting process of Pakistan’s General Elections 2018 would’ve been started up.

Many in the world may have no interest in this and I can understand that but there are those who takes keen interest in my country’s political arena. Some of them do play a key role in turning the tides in their favor, or in some cases, against those who are foes, using my country’s shoulder.

That shoulder I’m referring to is the mainly the elected government, who obviously comes to power through people’s vote. But as soon as the chosen ones resides in office, the game changes. I’m saying so because it’s been the history here in my country.

Many times, elected governments were kicked out, before completing their terms. Many times, men in uniform took control over the weak government, with the promise of prosperity and success.

No matter who stayed in the power in past, people of Pakistan suffered the most. But despite such tangling political structure, we actually achieved a lot, in past 70 years of our existence. Though much much is needed to be done on so many levels.

Which brings this nation of mine to this day of July 25th, when we step out of our homes and voted once again for those who constantly tried to portray themselves as our sole savior.

The big question: Is there a one?

Honestly speaking, I don’t think so. Out of all those big political faces, there is not a single individual I can point out as The One.

Reason behind this is as complicated as a tangled ball of yarn!

The deep-rooted feudal system in most parts of the country, drowning level of literacy, fragile economic, lack of interest in doing meaningful for the people but high level of interest in personal motivations, inability of thinking as a unit and so much much more.

But as I’ve said, despite all hurdles and challenges, Pakistan is thriving. Those in power do know that people can’t be treated up like a herd anymore, though many sick- minded still considers that.

Because of those sick-minded individuals, we have suffered a lot. They considers themselves as The One openly in public, who can guide this nation through thick and thin. They may have reigned supreme in past but time never remains the same for everyone.

The people stepped out today to vote for themselves as now we know, more than ever before, that their beloved country’s fate can either stand tall or nose dive in this world, by the power in their hands.

Kind of a war we’re fighting for ourselves, against those who aren’t what they claim to be. They may have the resources to turn the tide in their favor but as a citizen of Pakistan, I strongly believe that rest of my countrymen, and of course countrywomen, will chose wisely.

Not for the betterment of few sick-minded but for the prosperity of their own future.

18 thoughts on “Vote For Pakistan, Turn The Tide

1. Yaw Boakye-Yiadom November 5, 2018 / 4:37 AM

Promoting democracy across the globe is a definitely a must for all. I am glad that Pakistanis have been given a chance to participate in the selection of their government.

Liked by 2 people

2. sereneviews August 15, 2018 / 12:34 AM

And as always, the losing parties are wining about how the elections were not fair…
    Somethings never change

Liked by 2 people

• Hammad Rais August 15, 2018 / 4:30 PM

One should change itself to bring the over all change. I believe upon this.
      Not a role of one man or one party. Everyone must act for the change, in every possible way!

3. Kunal Thakore August 3, 2018 / 8:33 AM

I hope Imran works for Pakistan for Pakistan’s sake, and I also hope he will work for the subcontinent & peace in our parts. We have to learn to grow up, accept reality, co-exist and let bygones be bygones, at least for the sake of our children, nahin toh we’ll remain where we are, while the rest of the world gallops ahead

Liked by 3 people

• Hammad Rais August 3, 2018 / 4:10 PM

Exactly!
      For so long, we have kept ourselves tangled in conflicts. Both of us have to do something pretty solid, as you have said, for the sake of our children.

Liked by 2 people

4. Patty July 31, 2018 / 12:03 PM

Hm, this time there was nothing in the news about it over here. Weird.
    Anyways, did the one you voted for win?

Liked by 2 people

• Hammad Rais July 31, 2018 / 1:30 PM

Weird indeed. Different observing commissions from EU and Commonwealth arrived to monitor the process. They shared their reports late last week.
      The one I voted for didn’t won, nor his party. But I’m feeling okay about the party who will be in-charge now. What they said in their manifesto and plans they are revealing about government working, are receiving praise from majority here.

Liked by 2 people

• Patty July 31, 2018 / 2:16 PM

Have been very busy, so I could have missed it 😉
      Sounds promising indeed. Let’s hope they follow through.

Liked by 2 people

5. khan_ammara July 26, 2018 / 9:51 PM

May Imran Khan be a blessing for all.May everything prosper and flourish.Inshaallah.Hoping for better relations between India and Pakistan 🇵🇰✌🇮🇳 Peace and Love from India.

Liked by 4 people

• Hammad Rais July 27, 2018 / 4:14 PM

Ameen!
      I, along with many others here, are praying for the same.

Liked by 2 people

• Hammad Rais July 26, 2018 / 1:22 PM

We are hoping so too. The party which lost the last elections, has swept majority of seats in assemblies.

6. M. L. Kappa July 25, 2018 / 5:41 PM

There is no One—all my life I’ve voted for THE LEAST BAD ONE. However, I do hope the results will be reasonably good, Hammad, and that you can look forwards to a calm and prosperous period. Best of luck.

Liked by 4 people

• Hammad Rais July 25, 2018 / 8:02 PM

We all are hoping the same, Marina. Many will rejoice over their triumph over the results while losers will dry out their throats by shouting out about rigging and unfairness throughout.
      But us, the people, are hopeful because we stepped out of our homes today in large quantity and casted our votes. Which is a good sign.

Liked by 3 people