Lens Artists Challenge – My Special Spot

Close to my heart, just above a floor ๐Ÿ™‚

The rooftop of my home is a special place for me. A spot from where I can view my city and feel the most amazing wonders of peacefulness, despite the fact that I live in an urbanized jungle of concrete and steel.

But this fact is almost negligible from what I can view from my rooftop. I have shared so many snaps on my blog which I took on my rooftop, so how about a little tour of my special spot?

Here we go:

stairs down

To reach the rooftop, you have to climb over this round staircase.

IMG_20171001_070045770_HDR

This is the front side. I spent the summer nights of late 90’s on this rooftop with my boombox and tapes of one hit wonders from 70’s and 80’s. That era of my life is certainly gold for me.

DSC06930

But the main reason I love my rooftop is the wonders of nature I can see and capture, like sunrises.

DSC00175

Or when giant clouds cover up the evening sky.

DSC00245

Or when sun and clouds play a game of hide and seek in the morning.

DSC02017

Or when fluffy clouds hovers gently in summer over my city.

IMG_20170630_161912523

Or when heavier and dark clouds cover the whole sky.

IMG_20171224_145815399_HDR

Or when I can look over to my city on a perfect sunny day, which is something I really love to do.

IMG_20170610_063157445

No wonder my rooftop is my special spot, a place where I feel close to the nature, in the most amazing of ways.

For Ann-Christine’s Lens Artists Photo Challenge #78 โ€“ Special Spot Shots

15 thoughts on “Lens Artists Challenge – My Special Spot

• Hammad Rais January 14, 2020 / 1:26 PM

Simple but peacefully wonderful, where I can literally feel like away from all worries in the world ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Itching for Hitching January 10, 2020 / 2:48 AM

I can relate to this, the world takes on a different perspective from up high. When I was a kid I would climb to the top of our windmill. And just sit.
    Your roof looks like the most perfect escape from the cares of the world. A place to just breathe.

• Hammad Rais January 10, 2020 / 2:34 PM

You are so absolutely right!
      A spot to escape from all that goes in life on daily basis is something good for heart and mind.
      I feel glad that this special spot of mine reminded you about your special spot ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Leya January 9, 2020 / 12:39 AM

I truly understand your love for this special spot, Hammad! So much to see and contemplate…can you sleep there at night too?

• Hammad Rais January 9, 2020 / 1:33 PM

Thank you so very much for liking my special spot, Ann-Christine. Unfortunately, there’s no room or shaded area on the rooftop but I can stay there for long. Spotted some really nice starry nights as well, which is truly rare in my city.

• Hammad Rais January 9, 2020 / 1:31 PM

Not much greenery in the surroundings but what I see other than that is certainly mesmerizing for me. Thank you very much for liking it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hammad Rais January 9, 2020 / 1:30 PM