Friday’s Oddball – Back To The Cubicle

It finally happened!

After spending more than 385 days with the status of Working From Home, I stepped back inside my office yesterday.

Certainly a big oddball for me and for those who were enjoying their work from home status since March 2020!

2021-04-09_01-31-50

And I can picture a big WHAT! in your mind right now 🙂

Yes, I was allowed to do work from home since the pandemic started to grapple my country. I enjoyed doing work from home very much as I was able to spend the whole day with my family.

I did put extra hours for work on daily basis, even in this working from home status, but since I was at home and with my family, so I just shrugged my shoulders on this and enjoyed this time very much, in the comfort of my home.

But I knew that one day I had to go back to my cubicle and that day was yesterday.

The day went well and it was peaceful for me since I’m not much used to with the old workplace environment, for the past one year. Plus, only handful of colleagues were present in the office, so I performed my tasks in relaxed mode.

And honestly speaking, I’m much more comfortable now in working from home as compare to working from office.

But that’s just me 🙂

For Kammie’s Oddball Challenge

14 thoughts on “Friday’s Oddball – Back To The Cubicle

1. Donna Endacott April 13, 2021 / 6:44 PM

I, too, am returning to work. Fortunately, we have a great group in our small office–laughter as well as productivity. What I will miss are the daily hours to spend on photography and blogging (as well as hiking)!

• Hammad Rais April 13, 2021 / 11:13 PM

For now, it’s just one day a week for me but old-norms will make a return for sure.
      About which I’m not sure I can comply now in my current state of mind.

• Hammad Rais April 11, 2021 / 6:21 AM

A big day indeed but honestly speaking, I wasn’t looking forward towards it since I’m quite comfortable in doing work from home now.

• Itching for Hitching April 12, 2021 / 3:36 AM

I guess we’ve all learned a lot in the past year on how we can adapt and do things differently.

• Hammad Rais April 12, 2021 / 7:37 AM

I couldn’t agree more with you 🙂

2. Andrew Blair April 10, 2021 / 9:45 AM

So you are back there. I feel many who work from home may continue to, in certain sectors.

• Hammad Rais April 10, 2021 / 9:39 PM

I went for just a day and may just go for one day a week in coming weeks.

3. V.J. Knutson April 9, 2021 / 6:19 PM

Many workplaces here are continuing the work from home. I am sure there are plus and minuses to both.

• Hammad Rais April 10, 2021 / 9:40 PM

Yes, there are and I’m very much happy with the plus side only. The minuses are certainly present but I like look towards the bright side 🙂

4. mammasquirrel April 9, 2021 / 8:39 AM

I can only imagine how odd it must have felt! I have heard from more than one person they feel more productive working from home.

• Hammad Rais April 10, 2021 / 9:46 PM

Yes, doing work from home is certainly relaxing and one doesn’t have to deal with many not-so-likeable perksof the workplace, which is peace for the mind.
      It was odd for me indeed to spent a day at workplace but since not only few were called that day, so I was okay 🙂

5. lolaWi April 9, 2021 / 6:58 AM

i am more productive working from home and i enjoy it, too. next week, i will start going to the office but only three times a week. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• Hammad Rais April 10, 2021 / 9:55 PM

You are exactly right!
      I’m way more comfortable in working from home now and I’m not so sure that I will be comfortable in working from office, like the old normal days.