Weekend Sky #25 – April 24th

The view ain’t so bright everywhere!

The sun is still rising and shining. The flowers are also blooming wonderfully. Birds are chirping and singing.

But in a country, home to more than a billion human beings, just like you and me, the very meaning of life is getting darker.

With each passing hour!

I’m talking about India, where the pandemic situation has taken such a steep dive that it has sent shock waves across the world.

On April 23rd, more than 340,000 positive cases were reported in India, which was highest count ever reported during this entire pandemic.

Since I live in Pakistan, the neighboring country of India, the news spread like wildfire here almost immediately on TV and social media. Videos and pictures from across the border stormed the media, which were shocking beyond disbelief.

If you want to, then you can check more details about India’s current pandemic situation by clicking here.

I was all ready to publish this episode of Weekend Sky on Friday night but after what I saw on social media, my heart got saddened very much. So, you’re reading this episode a bit late this weekend.

Here’s a sky capture I took last year during the monsoon season:

IMG_20200824_162143

These dark clouds appeared one evening and covered almost the entire sky but strangely, no shower or even drizzling took place as they disperse peacefully few hours later.

Deep down inside, I’m also hoping and dreaming about this pandemic situation, all over the world, to disperse just like this!

I’m honored by the participation of these fellow bloggers for episode #24 of the Weekend Sky. And though I’ve shared a not so good news with you today, you can lift up your mood and spirits by checking out these amazing sky captures from other parts of the world:

3. Insert the tag of WeekendSky in your post’s Tags section.
  4. Create a pingback to my post by inserting my post’s link in your post or mention the link of your post in the comments section below.
  5. All done 🙂

I’m looking forward to see nature’s most majestic wonder from your part of world.

Wishing you a lovely weekend 🙂

34 thoughts on “Weekend Sky #25 – April 24th

• Hammad Rais April 27, 2021 / 12:04 AM

I’m also hoping for the situation’s improvement and on the other hand, worrying about the rising cases in Pakistan as well. The restrictions are getting strict but most of the people aren’t paying much attention, which is certainly alarming.

• philosophy through photography April 27, 2021 / 8:25 AM

Thank you again Hammad Rais.
      Yes I also saw TV news from Pakistan and understand that there also the virus spreading fast.
      Take care my friend.
      Stay safe.
      Pray God that the situation comes under control soon.

• Hammad Rais April 27, 2021 / 11:51 PM

Doing our best to keep ourselves safe. The precautions are being followed but I also see general public ignoring most of them, which is certainly very much alarming.

• Hammad Rais April 25, 2021 / 4:45 PM

Thank you so very much for sharing this cheerful capture, Debbie 🙂

1. Andrew Blair April 25, 2021 / 7:09 AM

It is awful,horrible,and all kinds of wrong to see India as it was so graphically shown on TV the other night.

• Hammad Rais April 25, 2021 / 4:43 PM

Saddening visuals entirely indeed.

2. sgeoil April 24, 2021 / 9:02 PM

Thank you for your challenge, I think it is a positive light in all this sadness the pandemic brings.

• Hammad Rais April 25, 2021 / 12:28 AM

Just a way to keep the hopes alive, amongst the sadness.
      Thank you very much for your kind words, Heather 🙂

3. lolaWi April 24, 2021 / 8:09 PM

praying and hoping for an end to the pandemic soon, Hammad. it is total madness.

• Hammad Rais April 25, 2021 / 12:26 AM

This new wave in the region is certainly is beyond understanding. Experts saying that this is the new variant of the virus, more harmful than the previous one.

• Hammad Rais April 25, 2021 / 12:53 AM

The ways to to keep the heart hopeful aren’t in good shape as well but they are standing strong.