Once upon a dark, stormy night….
The sky was electrifying.
So I gathered up my guts and headed over to the rooftop at my home, to capture this:
A year ago, on 27th August 2020, torrential rain lashed over my city Karachi, causing widespread flooding, shattering a 89-year-old record for the city,
I was at home with my family that day and we all enjoyed the first few hours of non-stop rain since this was happening after a long time. Thankfully, my block didn’t fell a victim of urban flooding, which happened in several posh areas of the city that day.
The heavy showering finally stopped after 7pm but the light rainfall continued. After 8pm, when electricity was still out, I noticed lightning outside.
There was no thundering at all but the lightning continued, which prompted me to go out for some creative work on a dark, stormy night.
I was a bit scared when I reached the rooftop but I was more excited to seeing the lightning on a dark sky.
I used my smartphone to made this video, which isn’t powerful enough to capture photos of fast moving objects like lightning, so that’s why I opted for making a video.
Strangely, this year’s monsoon season hadn’t brought heavy showering like last year, which made think to celebrate an occasion of a year old event on my blog 🙂
I’m sure you will like it!
And don’t forget to check out these amazing sky captures as shared by fellow bloggers for episode #38 of Weekend Sky:
- 5 Minutes ago – 21 August – bushboys world
- weekend sky #38 – A Meditative Journey with Saldage
- Weekend sky #38 – nowathome
- Opera House sky -38 – Andrews Gallery 3
- Sky Perspectives – One Woman’s Quest II
- Silent, stark, blue | Shutter’s on the World
- Weekend Sky | A Day In The Life
- When the Worst Was Over – pictures imperfect blog
- Hammadrais-Weekend-Point-Lonsdale-Sunrise – WoollyMuses
- 38566. Sunrise at Watchman’s Trail, Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
- The Hike – Sgeoil
- You must not blame me if I do talk to the clouds –Henry Thoreau – Philosophy Through Photography
Follow the steps below to join this challenge:
- Create a Weekend Sky post on your blog.
- Add the title of your post as Weekend Sky #(episode number) or you can use your own title, if you prefer it.
- Insert the tag of WeekendSky in your post’s Tags section.
- Create a pingback to my post by inserting my post’s link in your post or mention the link of your post in the comments section below.
- All done 🙂
I’m looking forward to see nature’s most majestic wonder from your part of world.
I wish you a lovely weekend 🙂