A rose nearly bloomed over my city!
Metaphorically actually, not in real 😀
Starting earlier this week, Pakistan Meteorological Department kept an eye over the path of the cyclone, providing updates about its intensity and nature.
Warnings were later issued for the cities in the Sindh-Makran coastal region, when the cyclone’s path was confirmed. My city Karachi lies in this coastal region.
And so from Wednesday evening, the cyclone’s presence was felt in my city through gusty winds. No rainfall occurred but the clouds kept the sky covered the whole time. Because of the gusty winds, I was didn’t got the chance to make a time-lapse video of clouds, which I was really looking forward to.
So I opted for the pictures instead:
The views were indeed breathtaking on the sky before the cyclone got a little closer to Karachi.
But before it could hit Karachi, the cyclone weakened up, so only light downpouring took place in the city, starting from Thursday afternoon.
Which is a good thing as no urban flooding was caused in the city, along with no infrastructural damage.
And now, the Cyclone Gulab is not around anymore.
But I’m having this feeling that I may see a gorgeous sky tomorrow over my city, which is a good way to start up the weekend 🙂
A new weekend is here, I’m feeling a bit relaxed despite the fact that I may have to cater up office tasks from my home. But I’m not letting it to get on my nerves.
Because of giving time to my job during the weekend as well (which is certainly a big negative point of this work from home scenario), I’m unable to check out the entries sent by fellow bloggers for the previous episodes of Weekend Sky.
Such a tragedy!
Despite this, I’m truly grateful for their active participation in this little challenge of mine as this fills my heart with utmost joy.
- Weekend Sky #43 – Sep 25th – Brashley Photography
- weekend-sky-Malabar headkand-43 – Andrews Gallery 3
- Looking Towards Mannheim – pictures imperfect blog
- Weekend sky #43 – nowathome
- Grey Skies Overhead — Weekend Sky #43 – Photos by Jez
- weekend sky … 9.25.21 – A Meditative Journey with Saldage
- Cloudscape – Sgeoil
- Hammadrais-Weekend-Early-Morning – WoollyMuses
- It’s Open! – Touring My Backyard
- Sky Veils – One Woman’s Quest II
- Blue Sky behind the White clouds – Philosophy Through Photography
- Weekend Sky #43 – Cath’s Camera
- Weekend Sky | A Day In The Life
- 5 Minutes ago – 25 September – bushboys world
- 39563. Sunset and Sand Dollars on the Oregon Coast • One Million Photographs
Follow the steps below to join this challenge:
- Create a Weekend Sky post on your blog.
- Add the title of your post as Weekend Sky #(episode number) or you can use your own title, if you prefer it.
- Insert the tag of WeekendSky in your post’s Tags section.
- Create a pingback to my post by inserting my post’s link in your post or mention the link of your post in the comments section below.
- All done 🙂
I’m looking forward to see nature’s most majestic wonder from your part of world.
Wishing you a lovely weekend 🙂